1. First of all you have to pass AMC Part 1/part 2 and English test
2. Now you decided to go for GP
3. Well best if you have 3 years experience in GP in your country. But even if you don't have any experience there are multiple ways you can get into being a GP in Australia
4. After you pass the above mentioned two exams, then you need to contact various GP practice to get a job offer. Best to get a GP offer in regional areas in Australia. Because you have to work in regional Australia for 8-10 years as an overseas trained doctor. Its mandatory for all PR/Citizen. But if you are a temporary resident, you still have the chance to work in cities which is very complicated and temporary. So better start with regional area.
5. Once you get a job offer, you have to appear PESCI. After You pass PESCI, then you can apply for registration (Provisional/ Limited) with APHRA. Once registered, you can start your working under supervision.
6. Next Step is to get general registration after 1 year supervised Practice. Then comes your fellowship. You can go for RACGP or ACCRAM fellowship pathway. There are also various other pathway you can choose based on your circumstances like PEP pathway, MDRAP, IP etc. Better to read about it in detail from google and then ask someone who is in the pathway now.
7. Also if you work in hospital for 1 year and get your general registration, then you will be able to go into most of the pathways mentioned above.
8. Remember, most of the GP practice will ask for your fellowship as a GP specialist. So better to start with any pathway for your journey to fellowship.
I know its all very overwhelming for you now, but once you will start your journey, you will know better.
We will update more in future about these fellowship.
First Aid AMC
Your ultimate Support for AMC Journey
Please Login First for CommentLogin Now